Revival Coffe Co.'s Cold Rrew Reserve : Artfully crafted to make delicious cold/iced coffee.
Taste profile: Low acidity, slightly sweet, smooth, well balanced, & bold coffee flavor.
Coffee origin: 100% Arabica - Organic Single Origin Colombian Supremo (extra large sized coffee beans for maximum flavor)
Roast level: Dark Roast
Revival Coffee Co. Cold Brew Columbian Supremo Reserve Organic Coffee - Ground
At a glance cold brew and iced coffee seem to be synonymous, but in reality, they could not be more different. There are three main differentiating factors between the two:
- BREW: Cold brew, as apparent from its name, is brewed cold. It is never heated up. It is a process that requires more time and patience than the standard brewing process. Iced coffee, on the other hand, is brewed hot and then cooled down and poured over ice.
- CAFFEINE: Cold brew has 3 times the amount of caffeine than standard coffee.
- TASTE: The heating and cooling process involved in making iced coffee weakens the taste, and it often just tastes like watery, cold coffee. The heat also causes higher levels of acidity, as opposed to cold brew which has half the acidity normally found in coffee. Cold brew is slightly sweeter, much smoother, and easier on the stomach.
Using French Press
1. Add ground coffee & cold, filtered water to French Press (we recommend a 4:1 ratio of water & coffee. For example, 4 cups of cold filtered water to 1 cup of ground coffee).
2. Stir, cover & leave in fridge overnight
3. After ~ 12-18 hours, press & enjoy!
Using a Mason Jar
1. Add ground coffee & cold, filtered water to jar (we recommend a 4:1 ratio of water & coffee).
2. Stir, cover with lid, & leave in fridge overnight
3. After ~ 12-18 hours, strain coffee using a fine mesh strainer and/or cheesecloth & enjoy!